Last update 25.01.23
firstly, thank you for visiting our website.
Salumifici Granterre S.p.A., with registered office in Modena, Strada Gherbella, n. 320, VAT number 02654810361 and Caseifici Granterre S.p.A., with registered office in Modena, Via Polonia, 30-33, VAT number 01299680353 as Joint Data Controllers, inform you pursuant to art. 13 EU Regulation no. 2016/679 – GDPR – that the data will be processed in the manner and for the following purposes:
1.Subject of the processing
The joint data controllers collect users’ personal data in two ways:
-through registration and the information requested when you access certain website pages;
-through cookies (for further information on cookies, please refer to the relevant section on the website).
The Joint Data Controllers may request your name, address, telephone number, email address, suggestions, comments or further information related to the site, products or services or the company. Moreover, they can request other specific information about competitions, special offers or other marketing initiatives.
2.Purpose of the processing
The personal data, “identifying” the user, will be processed without the need for specific consent for the following purposes:
a) to agree to registration on the website, which is required for access to particular sections of the website;
b) to provide and manage various services offered/requested;
Subject to specific consent, the data will be processed to:
c) carry out commercial marketing activities (such as, but not limited to: sending promotional and advertising material) on products marketed by Salumifici Granterre S.p.A., Caseifici Granterre S.p.A. and by the other companies of the Granterre Group;
d) send newsletters to receive updates on all the news on the site, recipes, menus, advice from the nutritionist, and many other news on the world of Salumifici Granterre, Dairies Granterre and the other companies in the Granterre Group.
e) carry out profile analyses on registered users to offer them personalised products and services also by the other companies of the Granterre Group.
The personal data processing is carried out by the operations indicated in article 4, no. 2) of the GDPR, such as collection, recording, consultation, profiling, storage, retrieval, disclosure, communication, erasure and destruction. The personal data undergo both paper and electronic and/or automated processing.
The joint controllers will process the personal data for the time required to fulfil the above-mentioned purposes and, in particular:
– for the purpose referred to in point a), for as long as the profile of the data subject is active;
– for the purpose referred to in point b), for the time strictly necessary to process the requests made by the data subject;
– for the purposes referred to in points c), d) and e) of paragraph 2, for no more than 36 months from when this policy is sent.
The processing will, in any case, be based on principles of fairness, lawfulness and transparency and will be implemented using tools and procedures that avoid the risk of loss, unauthorised access, use and illegal disclosure.
For the purposes indicated under section 2, the personal data will be made accessible:
– to employees and collaborators of the joint controllers, in their role as data processors;
– to companies belonging to the, Granterre Group, as well as the Group’s parent companies;
– to third-party companies or other subjects, such as professional firms, consultants, etc. who outsource activities on behalf of the joint controllers, in their role as data processors.
Without the need for express consent, as per article 6, letters b) and c) of the GDPR, the joint controllers may communicate the personal data for the purposes indicated in section 2 to: supervisory bodies, judicial authorities, as well as to those subjects to whom communication is mandatory by law and/or for the execution of the mandate. These subjects will process the data in their role as independent data controllers.
Personal data is stored in paper archives located at the offices of the Companies belonging to the Granterre Group and of the Companies controlling the Group itself and on servers located within the European Union.
It is, however, understood that the joint controllers, if necessary, will also have the right to move the servers and archives outside the EU. In this case, the joint controllers hereby ensure that the transfer of data outside the EU will be done in compliance with the applicable legal provisions, subject to the stipulation of the standard contractual clauses envisaged by the European Commission.
7.Revocation of consent
The consent originally given can be revoked at any time, by communicating this intention to the joint data controllers, using the contacts referred to in section 9 below.
The processing carried out prior to the revocation remains valid and lawful.
8.Data subject’s rights
With regard to the processing of your personal data, you have the right:
– to be informed about: the data and location of the data controllers; the purposes and methods of the processing; data and location of the data processor;
– to obtain, from the joint controllers or the data processor, without delay:
1) confirmation of the existence of the processing of your personal data and the communication in intelligible form of said data and their origin, as well as the purposes on which the processing is based;
2) the erasure of your personal data, when: i) they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, ii) consent has been revoked and there is no other legal basis for the processing, iii) the data have been processed in violation of the law, iv) the data subject has objected to the processing and there is no legitimate overriding reason to continue with the processing; v) the joint controllers are subject to the legal obligation to erase the personal data;
3) updating, rectification or, if interested, integration of data;
4) confirmation that the operations referred to in numbers 2) and 3) have been brought to the attention, also as related to their content, of those to whom the data have been communicated or disclosed, except in the case in which this fulfilment proves impossible or involves the use of means clearly disproportionate to the protected right;
– to object for reasons related to your specific situation, to the processing of your personal data, under article 6, paragraph 1, letters e) or f);
– to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
– to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
– to receive your personal data in a structured format that can be read by an automatic device and to transmit said data to another data controller without hindrance by the joint controllers to whom you originally provided them. In exercising his/her rights regarding data portability, the data subject has the right to obtain the direct transmission of personal data from one controller to the other, if technically feasible;
– not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him/her or which significantly affects this person in a similar way.
The joint controllers shall provide a copy of the personal data being processed; if the data subject requests additional copies, the joint controllers may charge a fee based on the administrative costs effectively incurred.
9.Methods of exercising your rights
You may, at any time, exercise the above-mentioned rights by sending the following to the data controllers:
– a registered letter with return receipt to Salumifici Granterre S.p.A., with registered office in Modena, Strada Gherbella, n. 320 or to Caseifici Granterre S.p.A., with registered office in Modena, Via Polonia, n. 30/33;
– an e-mail to the address email@example.com o firstname.lastname@example.org;
– use the specific link at the bottom of the email received to stop receiving communications, promotions, etc.
10. Data controller, joint controller and data processor
The Joint Data Controllers are Salumifici Granterre S.p.A., with registered office in Modena, Strada Gherbella, n. 320 and Caseifici Granterre S.p.A., with registered office in Modena, Via Polonia, n. 30/33.
The list of companies belonging to the Granterre Group is available to the data subject.
The updated list of data processors is kept at the registered offices of the joint data controllers.
- Additional protection for safeguarding the privacy of minors
The communication of personal data relating to a minor must be made by a parent, legal guardian or person exercising parental responsibility. In any case, the personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the competition or the activity for which the registration was made.
The acquisition of such data is motivated by the need to send the requested prize to the user’s home.
On-line participation is only possible with the consent of the parents or the person exercising parental responsibility.
The prizes will be sent to the address indicated by the parents or whoever takes their place.
If, following a subsequent check, which the joint controllers reserve the right to carry out, it emerges that participation occurred without the authorisation of the parent, said participation and any winnings will not be considered valid.